Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The latest pain in my side...

At least I posted some positive thoughts about spring first!!!

Since Clinton is working his tail off, and commuting like a bastard, I've been trying to figure out how to move us to Crystal Lake as soon as possible. The problem is that we can't move until we sell our condo and, it you haven't heard, the real estate market SUCKS! So the past few weeks, I've been a busy little bee (whilst caring for the dear old dad) putting our plan of attack into action...

Step One: Clean and organize the condo... check! I made good use of my time with dad watching TLC shows... "Flip that House" and "Sell this House." HUGE difference in shows and the goals of each but, I took lessons from both on how to get the condo in selling shape. Spent a few days putting things in storage and organizing. Hired a cleaning crew to do the dirty work. Had the carpets shampooed and wa-la... we're off and running!

Step Two: Put our condo on the market... check! I'm meeting with our realtor this evening and everything should be a go!


Step Three: Sell the condo... this is the unknown factor. The market SUCKS! I think we'll make the listing read as follows...

"Jenny wants to see her husband more... so she's selling her condo and relocating to Crystal Lake! In addition, she wants to have a baby and doesn't have the space in the shoebox condo that she bought six weeks before she met her darling husband! So... all you twenty-somethings looking for a great condo in a great area for a great price, call Jenny immediately. Dingo the dog not included."

No really...

"Two bedroom. One bath. Sunny first floor condo in West Bucktown listed below market value! Gut rehabbed in Dec '05, owner hates to move... relocation. Fantastic European kitchen featuring integrated refrigerator and dishwasher, designer hood, stainless oven, granite counter tops, garbage disposal, great cabinets. Marble bathroom w/ whirlpool tub, wood window blinds, easy parking, security system and low assessments. Don't miss this one! Bring all reasonable offers!"
.................................................................................................$209,900.

Step Four: Pray.

Step Five: Find a new house... check! Well maybe. We've been looking with our realtor since January; trying to see what's out there, what we can afford for our $$. We've been through almost 300 listings, checked out about 30, and there are a ton of homes that are practically brand new in our price range. So, getting a home, once we sell, probably won't be an issue... after all, it's a buyers market. That said, we found our dream home last weekend. Perfect in every way... and it'll probably sell before we have a chance to grab it... boo.

Step Six: Pray.

1 comment:

Gina said...

We are on parallel paths, Jen. G & I started the procedure of prepping for sale this past weekend. Haven't had much time with her wrapping up school and all. I have no legit excuse, of course. But still - that was how we spent our weekend.

Good luck to us both! SOMEBODY BUY OUR FREAKING CONDO!!!

- C