Monday, September 26, 2005

The final stretch

I just thought I'd share with some of you a few e-mails I've received over the past few days that pertain to my new adventures... Who am I kidding... dad, you'll love these!

I sent the following e-mail to all of my Amica team members to let them know that I'm leaving IA and that Denise, a fellow designer and friend, will be taking over.

Amica Team,

If you have not already been made aware, I will be leaving IA Interior Architects to pursue other opportunities on September 28th. I have truly enjoyed working with each of you on the Amica account over the past (almost) 4 years and hope that our paths will cross again. In my absence, Denise Makar will be your new Amica project designer. Working with R. J. Brennan, she will be your main point of contact for all of the project issues and coordination that you're used to chatting with me on. Denise and I have spent much time over the past week reviewing current projects, processes, status, past projects and lessons learned so she can be as prepared as possible. Please feel confident with my replacement! Denise is a great designer, organized leader and all around nice person. She has been with IA for over 3 years, is highly experienced and extremely capable of leading the Amica projects down the proper paths. Please be patient with her as she wraps her arms around this crazy process that we've all learned to love. Her contact information is below. (You don't need all the details).

Thank you all so much! The Amica projects have been an incredibly rewarding experience for me and I will miss you all!

To which RJ, my friend, project director and "banter buddy" responds...
Are you doing anything for lunch tomorrow?

Me - Going out with you?

RJ - That was the intent though one could view this as a question of mere casual curiosity, if one likes. Where else are you going to get this kind of acerbic wit?

Me - I do not expect to find acidulous, biting, piquant, pungent, sharp, tart or even vinegary wit anywhere else... You'll have to harass me with e-mails so that I don't loose my edge!

And RJ laughs... out loud... uncontrollably... disturbing the whole office... and I get in trouble for being a menace... to which I respond... I'm leaving in 2 days! Deal with it! (all in a joking manner of course).

RJ - "Sardonic wit" was the phrase for which I was searching. You see how this is affecting me??! Do you really thing that Denise will become ensconced in our daily repartee, returning quip for quip?

Me - Hmmm.. the concept is doubtful... but if anyone can teach her the art of contemptuous repartee and wordplay, you can!

Another giggle from across the office.

And there's more!

A Contractor friend who's been steadily trying to luer me out to Petaluma California for the past 4 months responds simply:
Wait a minute... I asked first. Danny

A Client:
I have truly enjoyed working with you and wish you success in your new pursuits. I will miss you. Sharon

A Rep:
Congratulations on your new adventure! I hope that we will have to opportunity to work together in the future! Keep in touch. Kim

A Manufacturer:
You sure you don't want to move to Ohio and work with me? DeAnna

A Co-worker:
Do I have to be mad at you? You can't leave me! Congratulations! Give the nosy pregnant woman the details honey!

An old co-worker, in response to my request for luck:
You don't need luck wishes from me or anyone else. Advance as you always have, with your thoughtful consideration, open ears, open mind, fairness and respect. Go show them how to do it right! All the best, Dale.

And then there are the plethura of emails that read... I hope to run into ya down the road! Good Luck! Brat, how dare you leave me! etc. etc.

I will miss some things about this place... but the people will remain...oh well, on to bigger and better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wrap your memory around those and when you need a little spunk...refer to those comments. You are loved more than you know and I am proud..more than you know.

Who else?