OK... so, I'm having an issue with dog owning tenants in my building. As the title of this Blog may have lead you to assume, these issues stem from dog feces. I know, I know... not a pretty thing to discuss however, I truly believe that sharing this with y'all will help me resolve some deep seeded doggy pooh issues... Thank you in advance! (I'm a liar... I'm just uncreative when it comes to writing and this is the only topic I can think of today so... you benefit)!
Here's the deal. There are 4 dog owners in my building.
Me - Dingo the wonder dog's mom and a very loving dog owner but not necessarily one deserving the most responsible award.
Carol - Beck's mom, a landscape architect and a relatively responsible dog owner.
Eli - mother of two (Shiksa and Bailey), 21, tattooed (more than me), fire red hair (at least that's what color it is today), musician, creative, brash, fun and... not what most people would call a responsible dog owner.
Christine - new doggy mom to Griffin the beagle, smart and nice but when it comes to her new puppy... anal, over protective, over educated with the dog books which equates to common sense retarded and easily agitated.
Now that you've met the cast of characters, can you guess who's having the problem?
Now, I must admit that I've not always been the solution to the problem but over the last few months I've been religious about picking up after my dog. Miss Eli moved in a month ago and we've all noticed a decline in the progress since the arrival of her fiery hair, matching fiery attitude and sweet mutts. We've all mentioned the issue to her... I've noticed improvement... but there is still drama!
The first attempted solution (retaliation) by a dog owning neighbor was to pick up a bundle of joy and place it directly in front of the side door that's used by 6 different apartments (only 2 of which house the canine species) with a post it note on the door saying "Pick up Shiksa's poop... it's gross". This brilliant idea was instituted on the windiest day of the year so the post it note blew off and guess who stepped in the strategically placed pile of dung... yup, you guessed it... me! Oh it gets better... this happened twice! And neither time did it occur to the "lesson teacher" that the intended pupil (who works nights) may not be the one who learns the lesson!
And now, the more anal of my precious neighbors wants to call the cops because of this situation. All I have to say to that is Tghhhhghhghhhhghhhttt.
Calling the cops is going to do nothing!
1. It's private property and all they'll do is notify landlord Ed who will just cause problems for us all. He's an ass and has been conveniently absent lately... why mess with heaven?
2. They're not going to take the time to DNA test doggie shit to verify which dog owner is responsible... and with my luck, if they do, I'll have missed Dingo's lastest gift to me and get fined for some godly amount of money equal to the yearly vet visit which is coming up in December, Dingo will get sick and die all because someone thought it would be a good idea to call the cops.
3. We're supposed to be friends... that's the greatest thing about my building... we all get along, we all look out for eachother and we all care. Why would you call the cops on a friend?
So, on one hand, I hate picking up after other people's dogs... I hate picking up after mine... but I do it! I understand the frustration. Really, I do. But at some point, someone's got to be a little flexible. One has to get better and the other has to lighten up! Oy, I tell ya... being mother hen SUCKS!
In other news... it's Friday and I've successfully completed the first week at my new job. I tell ya... I'm not used to smiling-happy-faces-all-the-time! I actually had to ask someone if the entire office was putting on a show for me or something... it's almost... creepy... in a good way.
Lastly, still condo shopping. I'm getting discouraged but I WILL PREVAIL (someday).
OK... that's all for today. It's been my pleasure entertaining you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well...
This just may be one of those situations where "no advice" might be the best advice of all.
It's not that I'm not experienced in "shit". It's just that I really don't want to get any deeper into the subject than I already am. Pretty shitty huh? If I can't help with your current shitty situation, what good am I? No good at all. Sorry. Well it looks like you have given it ample thought and that your conclusions are all viable. It's just that human nature is such that "shit happens". Particularly doggie shit. And particularly under the circumstances you have with all those doggie owners. Good luck. Well, from one topic to the next. Co workers too good to be true? Enjoy it. I'm sure other situations will arise although maybe you've just found that work utopia we're all looking for. Keep hoping and in the mean time deal with the pleasure. It's nice that they all think enough of you to want to make you feel that "at home" for your first week. Keep up your end of the impression and maybe they'll keep up theirs. Tit for tat! love ya and always enjoy your BLOGS
I'm sooo glad you like your new job! WOO HOO! That's gotta be so sweet.
As for the poo... hmm... at least your doggy isn't the one under fire, right? It could be one of those people who hates animals entirely, and that would be worse. Bright side? No? Ehhh.
G
By the way, activate the "type a word" thingie in your settings if you don't want to get any more "Get a Computer!" junk comments...
G
Post a Comment