OK... there are 5 of you that actually read this blog and I'm sad and ashamed that I've ignored you this long. I have no excuse but, I do have news!!!
I'm buying a condo (please hum this to the the Na-na-na-na-na tune that we all used as children... it's fun)! Yes, it's true. On Friday, I hope to sign a contract on one of those yuppie condos in the city of Chicago! It's an old warehouse building located on the edge of Humboldt Park and Logan Square.
In case you're curious... it's got 2 bedrooms, 13'-6" ceilings, a north facing balcony, in-unit washer/dryer, double sink bathroom, jacuzzi tub, granite counter tops, huge windows and hardwood floors... It's my dream... wish me luck! If I get it, I'll close on 12.15 (leave it to a chick to move in the winter). And yes, Miss Laura plans on coming with me for a while! I'll keep you posted!
In other news, I have resigned from IA Interior Architects (or will tomorrow) and accepted a new position with Eckenhoff Saunders Architects (ESA). It's an architecture firm that has created some of the most innovative healthcare facilities in Illinois over the past 30 years. They are looking to start an interiors side to the firm that focuses not only on healthcare but on corporate interiors as well... enter Jenny! So, I get to be part of starting something, helping people and working with architects to design BUILDINGS from the inside-out... Wish me luck again!
So... Condo + New Job = the inability to view fabulously wonderful animal photos of beagles, donkeys and the like / the unawaredness of the supersweet bowling shirt saga / blissful days in which I was uninformed as to the new title of the "Mike Hates Greg" blog page, a title that I cannot publish because I refuse allow my father to read the words "EgoCock."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you very much. I read your blog everyday, or I at least look for your blog everyday! But I knew all that...except the part about the "dad"! I look for inspiration here. And I'm happy for you! ESA is a very lucky place. You go girl!
Post a Comment