Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Well, 2006 has definitely been eventful! But I must start the 2006 recap a little further back.

July of 2005 saw the end to another relationship. It was short lived and only heartbreaking because it was yet another failure. I mention it because it prompted me to take a hard look at where this life of mine was going.

I had been hoping for a relationship to fill some emptiness that was going on in the old heart and decided that this concept was crappy and unsuccessful. I don't mean to imply that I was un-happy. I wasn't. The happiness level just wasn't quite as high as I thought I deserved. Time for some ch-ch-ch-changes!

So, I took it upon myself to devise a plan... I called it my "sans man plan." It's purpose: To figure out what I need to be truly happy and content without a relationship. After thought and prayer and a bunch of sappy songs that made me cry (Jesus Take The Wheel - Carrie Underwood... no comments from the peanut gallery) I realized that this was only a 2 step plan! It all seemed so simple! And I was off...

STEP 1: New J O B - I was disgusted with the politics of the firm I was with. Not happy with the amount of design I was doing and thwarted by a design director who annoyed the hell out of me, I decided that I'd be better off in a smaller firm where I could actually make a difference. I found ESA and after several interviews (mostly to make sure I was comfortable with them) I started as a Designer October 3rd 2005.

STEP 2: New Home - I've wanted to own a condo in this fantastical city for 10 years. As part of my "sans man plan," I decided that I wanted to feel as though I had my own little piece of this city. I searched and searched and finally found my little shoe box place. I closed on the condo on December 2nd, 2005 and moved in with my most wonderful room mate Laura the following weekend... just in time for Christmas.

It worked! I was in bliss... happy and content with my new job and my new home. My 2006 New Year's resolution was to stop thinking about a relationship because I didn't need one. I was happy on my own... with Laura... and dingo... and my new job... and my new condo. 2006 was looking great!

Now, I believe in God. I believe that things happen for a reason. I've come to believe that I set out on the "sans man plan" because I was unconsciously readying myself for what would come next. And wouldn't you know it... the next thing came in the form of a man! Here's my 2006 recap...

He e-mailed me for the first time on January 22nd.
He spoke to me for the first time on January 26th.
He smiled at me and hugged me for the first time on January 28th.
He was my valentine on February 14th.
He was my date to my sister's wedding on February 18th.
He brought me to meet his family on April 27th.
He became my roommate May 13th.
He became my fiance on May 26th.
He was my birthday boy on September 13th.
He became my husband on November 11th.
He was my New Year's kiss on December 31st.


So you see... I've had the best 2006. And do you want to know the best part... He says that his 2006 was better than mine.




Happy New Year from Clinton and Jenny Garda!!!

No comments: