I just read Gina and Chris' blog and was reminded of my own letter writing memory as a child... I thought I'd share!
I was 7-ish. My family and I were staying at the Ambassador West Hotel during a flower convention. Actually, I watched Princess Di step from her carriage on her wedding day that weekend. It was on the Television in the hotel lobby! Ahhhh the summer of 1981. Anyway, I was so enthralled by the staff and the grandness of the hotel that I wrote a letter. Placed prominently in our room the day we left, the cleaning staff apparently passed it on to the right person. In my 7 year old handwriting, the note went something like this...
Dear Ambassador people,
Thank you for making our trip to Chicago fun. Everyone was really nice. I will stay in this hotel again and again. Please send me something.
Love,
Jenny Rieck.
I left my address too.
2 weeks later I received a box... a very BIG box... addressed to me. This may have been my very first piece of mail EVER! Inside the box were soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, towels, slippers and robes... all with the Ambassador West logo on them. And a note from the management that read something like...
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for your note. It was nice. We are glad that you had fun at our hotel. Please come back again.
Love,
Ambassador West.
Pretty cool huh!?! I haven't stayed at the Ambassador West hotel since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jen...
You forgot the jams,jellies, and edible goodies which were the best part along with the "they cared enough" sentiment.
OH! Much better than my Kenner rejection letter. Jellies!
G
Post a Comment