Hi all,
We've probably all been touched by cancer. This past spring, my best friend's aunt, Mary Margaret Barry-Peabody, passed away after battling Leukemia for almost 4 years. I was lucky enough to be touched by Mary's charm and wit throughout my life. On September 24th, I will be participating in the "Light the Night Walk" for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which will be held at Lincoln Park Zoo. I will be walking in Mary's memory and in memory of my mother, Joan P. Rieck who passed from cancer in November of 1990.
The Light the Night Walk is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's nationwide walk to raise awareness of blood cancers and funds for cures. The need for cures is critical: Every five minutes, someone is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every ten minutes, someone dies. Leukemia is the leading cause of cancer death among children and young adults under the age of 20. Participants in the walk carry illuminated balloons to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer. Proceeds from the walk will be used for research to find cures for blood cancers - Leukemia, Lymphoma and myeloma - and improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
I encourage you to become involved in this worthwhile endeavor, and to give yourself the experience of helping others. If you wish to walk and help raise funds for this cause, please visit the Light the Night Walk website: www.lightthenight.org. Or, if you wish to support my fund raising efforts, please visit my fund raising page: www.active.com/donate/ltnChicag/ltnRieck1 and donate.
Thank you for your time.
Love and hugs to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When you do this next year, Chris and I will donate to you and my fried Brooke first before all the other askers... In fact, I want to walk with you next year.
Much love, G
Post a Comment